There’s no point. The entire world is blogging, posting, tweeting, flickring, chatting about the inauguration. Why bother to read more here?
So, this post will be about… what I didn’t do during the inauguration.
- I didn’t go to the Ritz for a $200/person event to watch the inauguration
- I didn’t ‘not’ miss being in America during these times of excitement.
- I didn’t ‘not’ watch the inauguration despite having to stay up till 1:30AM and getting up at 6AM for work.
- I didn’t ‘not’ relish watching old George dubayu leave the stage forever.
- I didn’t ‘not’ try streaming CNN live via UStream to my iPhone.
- I didn’t ‘not’ take photos of my TV screen out of excitement despite knowing I’ll likely never use them again.
- I didn’t ‘not’ follow / interact with Twitter to gain perspectives from the world as a whole.
- I didn’t ‘not’ feel slightly jealous at the fact that my cousin was ‘dead-center, only 200 meters from the podium’.
- I didn’t ‘not’ wish I was doing something slightly cooler than laying in bed watching TV during such a prime moment in history.
- I didn’t ‘not’ feel pride at being an American for the second time in a long time. (the first being the election win)